Free Student Event | Saturday 19 October 2019 | London
Real-world Quantitative Finance in Python
Are you a curious undergraduate with an analytical/quantitative background and programming experience in Python? We invite you to join the IMC Quantitative Trading Workshop!
This workshop is a perfect opportunity to meet IMC traders and quants and better understand how much fun it is to work at IMC. During the workshop you will:
✓ Participate in a trading competition with a chance to win an all-expenses-paid weekend trip to Amsterdam as the top prize
✓ Get to know more about the practicalities of trading and quantitative finance using real-world market data
✓ Learn about different key concepts in quantitative finance including European and American options and their relationships, Black-Scholes model, Greeks and implied volatility
✓ Implement your own trading strategies in Python with guidance from IMC traders and quants
✓ Enjoy free food and drinks and afterwards, you will receive an IMC goodie bag
Topics covered include
- Introduction to derivatives and arbitrage
- Properties of prices and returns time-series
- Risk-neutral pricing and replication
- European and American options and their relationships
- Black-Scholes model, Greeks and implied volatility
- Option market making, dynamic hedging and risk management
- Implied volatility smiles
Join the team
- Matthias Thul - Options Quantitative Developer
- Heiko Schäfer - Options Quantitative Developer
- Renier Eijkelestam - Head of Technology Europe
- Dorine van der Schalk - Graduate Recruiter
When and where
Saturday 19th October 2019
Pullman Hotel, Kings Cross, London
Limited number of places available
Applicants must pass a short Python project on EDUKATE.AI and complete pre-reading before being accepted
How to apply
Complete registration by the 15th September
Complete the EDUKATE.AI Python project by 28th September
Students undertaking an analytical/quantitative degree with Python experience are welcome to apply. Applicants must be studying at a UK university.
Apply for a place now
Due to high-demand, places will be allocated to applicants on a first-come, first-served basis, upon passing the initial sift and completing the EDUKATE.AI project
What's it like to move to Amsterdam to join an Internship at IMC?
Explore the below interview with former intern and graduate, Finlay, on his experience of moving to Amsterdam to join the IMC internship.
Interested in a trading internship?
Read this article, highlighting an interview with Koen, a trading intern who, upon graduating with a Master's, returned to IMC as a full-time Junior Trader.
Can you imagine being a graduate trader?
Read this article, highlighting an interview with Liam O'Donnel, on what brought him to IMC and his experience as a Graduate Trader in their Sydney office.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Subscribe now to receive our bi-weekly Data Science newsletter featuring industry news, interviews, tutorials, popular resources to develop your skills and much more!
IMC is a market maker and one of the world’s leading trading firms. For three decades IMC has provided liquidity to the financial markets globally. Specialised in algorithmic trading and advanced technology, we set the pace for the evolution of market making.
Cutting-edge technology is at the heart of all we do. We put it to work in the markets that define our world. More than 700 people from many nationalities, work across offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney. Technologists and traders team up to explore, design and develop the software, hardware, advanced networks and algorithms that drive our trading strategies.
What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.
What is the application process?
- You’ll need to submit the form on this page to register your interest by the 15th September.
- Applicants passing the initial sift will need to undertake and complete a short Python project on EDUKATE.AI by the 30th September to be considered.
- Applicants that have completed the project will be considered for selection and be invited to the exclusive all-day event. You'll need to RSVP to confirm your place.
Will food and refreshments be provided?
There will be food and drinks throughout the day during the breaks.